Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cake-Bake

Christmas has come and New Year is at the door
The mother in me wanted to cook something delicious for the family.

My cooking instinct said, 'Go with the cake.'
So I decided, 'Yea, let me bake a yummy cake.'

The flour was sifted, the sugar was powdered
Eggs were beaten and all the flavors were added

Everything was in the right proportion
The oven was ready and the pans were buttered.

Just then I heard the doorbell ringing.
It was a nosey neighbor who prattled on... and on...

I got rid of her at last,
And rushed back to my kitchen to see a great sight

The cake mix was all over my baby's face and hands
He was having a delightful time slurping the sweet stuff.

The batter disappeared from the bowl to his mouth
So much for my holiday cake.

But my baby smiled at me and cooed
"Mmmm... Mama dhelichioush."

SundayScribbling: Delicious.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Susan,

    Opened this blog to have a good read
    Glad that you wrote about something to feed
    Lunch time,so glanced through it with some greed
    Waited for the cake, but God decided "no need".

    At the end
    Whatever you meant
    Neither the cake
    Nor any other bake
    You did not make
    At least something fake

    Eager at the make,
    Waiting, waiting, to finish the bake
    To eat the cake
    Poor Balu, for somebody's sake
    Threw the mix of cake
    In to the nearby lake!


    Wish you a very Happy New Year!
    Renjith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Susan! Happy New Year! We're just back from our trip and catching up with you here... Feeling jet-lagged and heart-fuzzy after a sweet Christmas, good to be home and back in blogland. Very much enjoying checking in with your holiday postings Looking forward to sharing another creative year with you. Wishing you & yours all the very best of love, peace & joy in 2010! :o)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers