Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Geometric Painting

It has been a while since I have posted here. I was not super busy but my heart was not set to do anything constructive. Sometimes my mind is filled with negative emotions and thoughts like I'm not good enough or that I'm unable to accomplish anything worthwhile etc, etc.

Such thoughts pass through my head every now and then and so couple of days back I tried to analyze my mental struggles and realized that I have got bored with daily routine! Why shouldn't I feel happy about the peaceful, slow days that are gifted to me? Why is it so difficult for me to be content with the monotony of my days? I understand that I am not valuing the peace and calmness of the present. Such  mood swings occur in me and only time replaces them with positive, happy thoughts.Now, I guess, I'm slowly coming out of my shell.(Writing this post itself is giving me a good feeling)

I was also not in the mood to check most of the wonderful art made by my blogger friends last week. I'm sorry for that but Thankfully, yesterday I saw this post from Natasha http://www.natashamay.blogspot.com/    about Kristin Dudish' Tutorial Day http://kristindudish.blogspot.com/search/label/Tutorial%20Try-Outs.

 This week she has tried Denthe's Geometric pattern tutorial http://denthe.blogspot.com/2013/05/painting-technique-mosaicmirrors-and.html. When I saw it on Denthe's blog I too wanted to try it and this tutorial try-out was a motivating force for me.

This is what I drew today. I did birds and drew triangles  and squares over them. I used neo-colors and guess my colors have turned very dark. Next time, Yes I know I'm going to try this again I'll have to be more careful with them.
Thank you Denthe for sharing this great tutorial .
I'm linking this post to Kristin Dudish's Tutorial Try-Out.  

Thank you
SusaN 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,

    I'm sorry you weren't feeling motivated and happy with your art this week. Your art is amazing and beautiful each time you share with us. Don't let that inner critic talk too much, he's just a pest, send him away.

    WOW, how fun and colorful this drawing is. This is the perfect activity to do and get out of a funk. BEAUTIFUL DRAWING!!! I'm so glad you found something to inspire you and get you to create again. What a cool idea this is.

    I think your colors are great, not too dark at all. What a beautiful piece you've made, Susan. Hope you are feeling better now and creating more wonderful art to share with us. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that this tutorial motivated you to get out of your shell! You did wonderful! looking forward to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your approach to Denthe's geometric paintings is quite different from Natasha's and mine, and so very effective. I love the bold colours and the way your birds appear and disappear. I too enjoyed this tutorial and can see it being applied elsewhere. I look forward to seeing the next ones you do.
    Keep happy, don't waste a moment of life. You have so much going for you with your lovely art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Love your take on this tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - All of the blogs Denise posted (including my own) showed completely different takes on this tutorial. I love the one you posted - glad that it got you creating again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that this tutorial helped you push through and create! (I'm sure we can all relate to that negative self-talk... I know I can.)

    Your piece turned out wonderfully - like beautiful stained glass :)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all have that self talk going on at times. I know I have this week. Go you for pushing forward.

    I love how yours turned out. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers