Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Monday, February 2, 2015

Back to T stands for ...

Hello dear Elizabeth and all at T stands for Tuesday. Gosh! it has been so long since I have been here. My mother-in-law passed away on the 28th of November. It was so sudden and unexpected. We flew back home, to India and are still here. I and the children are planning to stay here with my father-in-law till the mid of 2015.

I always believe that whatever hurdles life throw at us we have to face it and move according to the current situation. For this academic year I have sought admission for my kids here. They are coming to terms with their new school environment.

As for me,I'm trying to get my creative mojo back  My challenge is to create with minimum art supplies. I just took my small set of winsor and newton watercolors from the US. I bought some artists quality acrylic paints and few brushes from here and am really looking forward to this creative adventure.

Here are some water color paintings that I did last month.


The drink I want to share with  you is a glass of pomegranate juice that I made at home. Here it is hot and humid and this is one of the best drinks that I have had in a while.

That is it for this week. Hope to be back again with a new post next week.
Linking my  creation to T stands for Tuesday
Stay warm
SusaN

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.
    Your watercolours are beautiful and your juice does look very tasty, what a fab colour it is.
    Happy T Day :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan, it's so good to have you back with us. So sorry about the loss of your MIL. I can't imagine the changes you and your children must have to deal with. I'm glad to see you are starting to share some lovely art, though. Very, very impressive watercolors.

    I've had pomegranate juice before, but it wasn't as pretty as yours. It's been years since I made it. Mostly I just remember picking out all those seeds (grin). Yours looks as colorful as your flowers. Thanks for joining T this week, dear. Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your family's loss Susan. It's good you were able to go home and have this time to spend with your FIL. Glad you are able to make art while there. Your watercolor flowers are gorgeous! And your pomegranate juice sounds like such a wonderful refreshing drink in the heat of a summer day. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. I know this is hard and hope you can find some comfort in these days. I love the flowers you are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of your loss...but wonderful that you can spend the time with family right now. Lovely watercolors! happy T day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother in law... Even so i cannot imagine just picking up and moving to India for an extended period. Children are resilient and hopefully this will just be a new adventure for them... Happy Tday to you my friend. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Condolences on the loss of your MIL. I'm sure it will be a comfort to your FIL to have you and your children there. So happy to see more of your beautiful watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Susan, YAY for seeing you here today, so happy!! Susan, these flowers made me smile and feel happy, love your flowers and so glad you made them. How nice that you are not having winter right now like us, enjoy the warm weather and pretty flowers around you. Will keep you and your family in prayer. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for your family's loss. I hope everyone adjusts and the time is passed well and quickly. Love the flowers! Glad to see you back. Happy very late T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My condolences on your mother-in-law's passing. I'm glad you were at least able to pack some watercolors. I find crafting to be invaluable during difficult times. And they are quite lovely.Pomegranate juice sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I found your blog through so many others. I am so sorry about your mother n law and hope each day makes your heart lighter. I love your water colors they are so pretty and 'monetish'

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers