Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Friday, March 20, 2015

Borders...


Week-11 of the DLP Challenge was Borders. The journal prompt  was  "Border line feels like I am going to lose my mind."
This is my take on the challenge. My interpretation of borders is limitations, restrictions or lack of freedom. When i experience any of those, I do feel like I am losing my mind.
The page I created is a collaborative one where I did the background and my 8 year old son did the kestral falcon. He had drawn this bird couple of months ago but somehow while creating for this challenge,this bird's image kept on flashing in my mind. Maybe because falcons symbolize freedom. Anyways that is the story behind this page and of course it has turned to be another one of my favorites.

This is the background page.
See you all next week hopefully with a new set of art work. Linking my work to PPF and Julie's Art Journal Everyday
Wishing you all a happy weekend 
SusaN 

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collaboration between you and your son and what an intense topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a gorgeous page- and very special with the falcon drawn by your talented son-love it Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that this is a collaboration!! Beautiful work!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a page you and your son will treasure for years to come. Your colorful background is amazing, and your son's drawing is outstanding. Blessings to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art! How wonderful to be able to do that with your son. This is a real keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh your art and creativity and your son's is absolutely brilliant. You are an amazing soul letting him participate. Blessings, Janet PPF and DLP

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness...I love this! brilliant interpretation, and the hawk is a great choice to symbolize freedom.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers