Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving to all.


I thought of bringing out my blog on this happy day.


Thanksgiving, originally a harvest festival, celebrated in the US and Canada(in the US it is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November) is a day of gratitude for all the blessings that have been received during the past year. The main attraction of the day, is the Thanksgiving dinner,which is mainly centered on a large roasted turkey. It is the day when all the family members and friends gather together and spend a wonderful and memorable time with each other.

As for me, this day reminds me of the abundance with which God has blessed me.

THANK YOU.

I thank You dear Almighty for bringing me into this world,

A universe where both good and evil are in constant conflict.

Why should I resent that, or snivel over it?

Since You never promised us that the sea of life will be unruffled.

I am grateful for my two guardian angels

Who watched me down here with love and care.

No chance to express even a bit of dissatisfaction

As I was fully content in being their little girl.

Thankful I am for all the dear and near ones around me,

From them I have learned valuable lessons,

Lessons that can be derived and comprehended

Only from this greatest institution called Life.

Grateful I am for the abundance of

Food, clothing and shelter

For the health and wealth

That You have provided.

Blessed with a beautiful family,

With my precious little one by my side.

I gaze into his laughing eyes,

And listen to the pitter-patter of his footsteps.

I am thankful for the beauty all around me

For who and what I am.

Grateful for the 'Now', the moment I live,

Always ready to welcome a new tomorrow.





1 comment:

  1. Dear Susan,

    Am glad to get the opportunity to comment on your blogs, and that too, the first one!

    Apt day, apt topic to start with.

    Looking forward to more!
    Happy Writings!

    Best Regards,
    Renjith P Sarada
    www.renjithps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers