Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Thursday, June 30, 2011

June- This month was ‘dedicated’ to illness, pain and medication in the family. Everyone went down with the flu; even my three month old baby had severe chest congestion and cold. My mother’s blood sugar level got high. She is now struggling to control it with the help of Insulin and pills.

It took some real good effort from my side to try and see the brighter side of each day. Prayers and a feeling of Gratitude of all that I have had helped me to stay positive.

One good thing that I got to do was I could read some good books. This is the list of books that I read this month.


1. Little Princes by Conor Grennan
2. Miles to Go by Richard Paul Evans
3. Sideways On A Scooter by Miranda Kennedy
4. The Forbidden Daughter by Shobhan Bantwal
5. Buffalo West Wing by Julie Hyzy
6. The Lost Flamingoes of Bombay by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghivi
7. One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
8. Haunting Jasmine by Anjali Banerjee.


Currently I’ve started reading ‘Atlas of Unknowns’ by Tania James.

I hope the coming month will turn out to be much better. I’m a July gal, getting a year older. I’m thankful for the last year that I had. Every day was beautiful and worth living.

How was June for you? Did you have a great time?

Love Always
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Susan,
    Hope you are all feeling better!
    It's hard when everyone is ill!

    You read some good books!
    Thanks for sharing the titles!

    Sending good thoughts to you and all your family!

    Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much illness, yet you remain upbeat. I believe that is a female trait. All we men want to do is lie around and moan. The women continue their normal lives, plus put on a nurses hat. You seem to have a well of strength from which to draw.

    I too was born in July, the month that hosts our Independence Day here in the states. I hope your birthday is pleasant and illness free.

    I envy you your time to read. I used to be a near compulsive reader, but now that I’ve found I love writing so much, the reading has dropped to a mere trickle.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers