Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Welcome, Summer

Hot, hot summer days
Tall glasses of cold lemonade,
Cheerful chunks of melon,
Luscious red strawberries,
And soothing cool ice-chips.
A wicker chair on the porch,
A book or two beside it.
Sunglasses and sun blocks
To ward off the heat.
Relaxing in my chair,
Listening to the hum
Of the bees and the birds,
Silently watching the glow of sunset
And the crimson sky above.
I dream thus to relish my time,
For summer is here,
Knocking at my door.

Love Always
Susan

6 comments:

  1. A perfect summer day!
    Enjoy!

    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Susan. A wrap of everything that is right about summer. Well, maybe you left out shade, which is a necessity here in the mid-west. Your poem had the power to drag me from the keyboard and deposit me on the patio with a pen and pad of paper. It’s been a long time since I’ve written like this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just awesome poem about summer.carry on friend
    Animal Planet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Margie. I hope you enjoy your summer days too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mike for your encouraging words. I'm coming over to read your summer poem.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers