Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The whistle of the winds,
And the rustle of the curtains
Awoke me from my slumber.
I strained my eyes in the darkness
And what did I see?
An apparition!
Moving aside the curtain of night,
It loomed above me.
Paralyzed by fear,
But overcome by curiosity
I stared at the ugly monster
And wondered if it was
The spirit of my ancestor.
Waiting for it to pounce on me,
I closed my eyes and said my prayers.
A whimpering beside me made me sit up.
I switched on the night light
And held my crying baby.
The curtain rustled again,
But the apparition had vanished.

Love ALways
Susan

For:[Magpie Tales]
magpietales.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. Such a complete turn at the end - very clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you ended it!
    Good writing, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jo. I must admit it took me awhile to come up with that ending.

    Thank you Margie. Have a great weekend.

    Welcome back Medhini and Thank you.

    Thank you Doctor FTSE.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers