Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Monday, February 20, 2012

New Scrapbook Layouts

I was busy recording my little ones' lives in pictures this weekend.  Created these layouts,(the writing part is still there to be completed), still am happy with what I've come up with. I don't know if there are any specific rules while we do scrap booking. I'm new to this, but just as the way I do my Art Journalling, I do  my scrapbook layouts in my own style.
All these instances in their lives are from last year. Whenever I've enough time, have good prints, and am in the mood I'll keep on creating this lovely art. To look at their photos preserved thus makes me so  happy.

    
 My second son, Siddharth was born in March 2011.


My eldest Ashish celebrated his 4th birthday last January. He chose all his favorite pieces to stick on this layout.

                                             A six month old Sid.

                                   My baby has that mischievous look on his face here.

                                     This picture of Ashish was taken last June.

I love this layout as the bright paper strips are my own handiwork. I doodle and play with colors on Index Cards. This page is the result of three hand painted ICADS.

Thanks for visiting
SusaN
  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,

    So happy your starting to scrapbook, I've been doing it for almost 8 years now. It is a great way to record your children growing up.

    These pages look good, your sons are so cute. Way to go on the last one and using your artwork on the page, it came out great. My hope is to learn how to merge my love for scrapping and art journal together.

    There are NO RULES to scrapbook, do whatever makes YOU HAPPY!! Just like in your art journal, whatever feels right is good enough.

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I was hoping you would like the heart collage I did, it was fun to do. Used a posterboard, this a great for me to play on and when I just want to try and mix things up but don't want it in my journal.

    My kids went to an art activity at library today. I took some great pictures of what they did, it looked like so much fun. Will be posting those later this week.

    Tomorrow I will be posting my Project Life pages if you want to come peek.

    Thanks again for the idea on using black, I used duct tape/sharpie again today, lol
    Have a good night, sorry this comment is soooo long, ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are so sweet. I had a baby girl in March 2011, small world huh? I love how you let your son pick his own scrapbook embellishments. It is so fun to involve them in the the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super like...nice tht u invlve ur kidoos in them

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers