Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spring Again

I made this page for "Take the Challenge" hosted by Mou Saha at designmemorycraft.typepad.com .
This month's challenge is about making something new from something used or old. 

I had this old book with me for a long time. Now I have finally decided to make it useful. I have converted it into an altered journal. 
This page was created using gesso as the base and I drew the trees and grass on it to create some texture. 

Next I used watercolor crayons for the background. After it was blended, I used Faber Castell Big Brush leaf green, metallic gelato in green, Aquarelle watercolor pencil and Pastel Pencil from the Mix and Match Mixed Media Sampler pack to color over the branches and grass. The leaves on the trees were done using the rich metallic green gelato. 

 After blending all that well, I did some random stamping of more spring elements. Finally the page was completed with the circle lettered stickers.


I think I am so much in love with this season. Somehow, my art gets steered to all things bright and cheerful.
Thank you
SusaN














2 comments:

  1. HOORAY for mor spring pages, we need them. This is beautiful Susan, love seeing the process of how it came together. Great job on the drawing and the colors you picked are so pretty and perfect for the page. Love the added stamping in red, gives it a nice pop.

    Keep the spring pages coming, so nice to see after a long cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful spring journal page! I'm waiting for the green to show. Still only bare trees to look at even though there are a few flowers blooming. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers