Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Friday, May 24, 2013

You are not alone...

This week I did a page inspired by one of Jeanne Oliver's paintings. You can see more of her works and class details here. .Though I'm a girl who is after bright colors I love the subtle tones that Jeanne uses in her work.
                        "You Are Not Alone in Nature."
I tried the lettering with a calligraphy pen and ink for the first time. Need to practice more with it.
 This page was done in this new handmade journal made out of Strathmore drawing paper. This is the cover page and I still  need to do more work on it. 
This week I also made one more journal as a birthday gift for one of my son's friends. 

Linking this page to PPF and Art Journal Everyday.
Thank you
SusaN

7 comments:

  1. Really beautiful projects Susan. I love the sentiment on the first painting and wow-that dress-I'd love to own one just like it :). Your journal cover is so pretty with all the collaged papers in pink, and what a really special gift you have made. Happy PPF and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, your handmade journal is just fantastic! I love the cover. So bright and beautiful. And the page you collaged is also really pretty. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I appreciate every encouraging comment I get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,

    you are not alone in nature (is very true) and your painting is beautiful. I love all the details. Thank you for your visit and comment~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work... I love the gift for your sons friend...beautiful journal!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, so much to love here Susan!! How lovely that first painting is, I love her! Nice long hair and the way her face is turned too. AWESOME!! I think your writing looks good and love that saying!! I feel the same way with nature.

    All that pink collage looks pretty, hooray for a new journal!

    WOW, Susan, the last one is gorgeous!! You always make the most amazing flowers!!

    Way to go on getting so much done this week!! They all made me happy!

    Have a good rest of weekend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That journal page is so beautiful. Love the image of the girl! And those handmade journals: wow! Bet your son's friend will be thrilled by his!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers