Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy February To All My Friends


THE PLAY

From the comforts of my mother’s womb
One day I was thrust out to strange hands
The bright light piercing through my eyes
The little rebel in me squirmed
And let out a long piercing wail,
My repartee to the cooing sounds above me;
Once the act was done, the curtain raiser,

That little milestone achieved,
I lay all bundled up
Ruminating about the next one.


Ha, the many roles I would perform
On this stage to keep the
show running!
Many colors appear and fade in the backdrop

Sunshine and rainfall follow in succession
Just as I waltz in laughter and tears;
Players change along with seasons
A sudden turn, an unexpected swerve
Events and roles get swapped abruptly.
Behind the scenes sometimes
The actor in me tumults into utter chaos.


But the show must go on
And I should finish my part with élan.

Yet, do I get a chance to bid farewell
Just before the curtain drops and my role is done?

Thank you
Susan

For
Sunday Scribblings: Milestone.
Carry on Tuesday :‘Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.’
[Martin.H.Fischer]
Monday Poetry Train Revisited

13 comments:

  1. a nice expression on the play of life.

    smiles,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear echoes of Shakespeare. Love this. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful--so well said. You have a gift for expressing things in a wonderful way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And happy anniversary and a happy February to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, nicely to the prompt, and strangely I hear a few Shakespearian style lines 'Once the act...' 'A sudden turn...' 'and I should finish...' and 'yet do I get...' Phew!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'A muse of fire...' - perhaps just a cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha Thank you Andy for your comment.When I saw the prompt line my mind travelled to "All the world's a stage..." but I didn't want to write on that instead I chose to be subjective, the rest must be the work of the unconscious mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. life is full of beautiful sights and surprises I hope to read you again.




    Old Time Cartoons



    ReplyDelete
  9. Sus dear you are truly really gifted....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dance of life expressed here, Susan... and I love that photo! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful!
    I enjoyed this!

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is all a great drama. Excellently done.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers