Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Friday, August 5, 2011

In pursuit of my new passion – Art Journaling

I’ve been very busy the last one week, homeschooling my son, being there for my family, reading, and any spare time I got, I was submerged in creating these doodles in my self-made journal. I dabbled in colors, experimenting with different techniques. I know it’s nowhere near perfection, but I’m proud with what little I’ve achieved as all these are result of self-study. I browsed the net, got books from the library and slowly worked through each page.

Except for the last picture(that’s my palm:)) most of the other pages are yet to be completed. That’s one of the reasons I fell in love with this art as there are no strict rules of what, and what not, to do. It all depends on us; it’s an expression of our creativity, where we unravel the layers of our own selves.

I’ll gradually complete the rest, whenever I’m able to grab more free time.
(I’ve neglected my poetry this last week. I hope my muse will visit me soon.)

Have a great weekend.











Love Always
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Looks like something I would enjoy except I can't draw a straight line ...LOL!
    But, I think I might give it a try!

    I like the drawing of your palm, that's cool!
    Always fun to dabble in things that inspire us!

    Busy day here, off hiking soon!
    Have a great weekend, Susan.

    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Margie. You don't have to be an artist. You said you might enjoy doing this, that's the only interest you need to begin the journey.When you try to say a story thru a poem, or through your journal,here you try to paint and write your story in colors that inspire you:)
    Hope you have a great hiking trip.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers