Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Friday, May 16, 2014

Happy Friday

Last year I joined a project named The Circle Journal where we 15 ladies started creating beautiful  art in 15 journals. I think we started last July/August and now it is coming to an end. It has been an incredible journey where I got the wonderful opportunity to see some stunning art done by all these talented women. This journey has also inspired and motivated me to come up with 15,( no, 17 pages) of art for all the members including myself.

But unfortunately two of these amazing ladies lost their journals while they were being sent via the postal department and still we have not been able to trace them-:( But all the rest of the members agreed to create 2 new pages for them. Hopefully soon they will get their original journals back.

This is a page that I created for one of the Circle Journal members.
"Never give up on a Dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale
 I created the background on deli paper using acrylic paints, stamps, stencils, and other ephemera for texture
I used water color paper for the elephants, painted them with Twinkling H2O's and outlined them with black and white pens.
These are the supplies that I used for creating the page.
This is a water color sketch that I did after being inspired by my artsy friend Laurie May's beautiful sketches.
Linking my page to PPF and Julie's Art Journal Everyday

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend
SusaN

12 comments:

  1. Sorry that 2 journals got lost, things like that happen, but it is very upsetting, I love the pages you have made, the colours, and the backgrounds. What is deli paper? Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful pages. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15 participants, and 2 lost their journals!? That's a high percentage! And so annoying! I really hope they will be found, such a shame. It's good that you're making new pages for them. Love the pages you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages!! I'm sure they' be loved... That's awful that they were lost...I hope they turn up. I'm sure they're very expensive to send too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful spread - its stunning. How upsetting that two journals got lost, but lovely that everyone is doing new pages for them. I would love to do a circle journal sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful idea and lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those elephants! The color scheme is fascinating too. Happy PPF and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely journal page, those elephants are adorable. the circle project sounds really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how disappointing to have two journals lost. Hopefully they will come eventually. It's a lovely gesture for the group to make extra pages in place of the missing art. Your pages are beautiful Susan- love the elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Susan, how cute these elephants are, love it!! I'm so glad you got to join in these journal makers project. I've been seeing others on my IG getting theirs too. What a treasure for you to have now, all that art from around the world in one place for you to enjoy. Hope you will do more of these in the future. Sorry to hear about the lost ones. So nice that others made extra for them!!
    Hope your weekend is going well, mine has so far.
    p.s. almost forgot... your girl inspired by Laurie, is adorable!!
    Take care, HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan this is a great way to create art and have fun with others. I am so sorry the post lost two of the journals. I hope they will be found. Love the colors. The elephants are awesome!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome to be able to have my art journal page alongside yours on Julie's blog:) you have beautiful art journals! Those elephants are particularly cute:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers