Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Friday, June 6, 2014

Welcome June

At last the circle journal is completed. I did my last journal and sent it to its owner this week. This is what I did in her journal.

I've been so interested in doing birds for the last couple weeks so I did one for her. This time I wanted some sparkle on my pages, so added Twinkling H20's to the bird and the leaves.
To make the page more meaningful, I added a quote: "Arise and be all that you Dreamed."






     This month the challenge at http://sketchbookchallenge.blogspot.com/ is Aqua/ Water Life. I did this very colorful fish, (Synchiropus Splendidus) using water colors. I like it better in real than in this picture. The colors are more bright and cheerful on the real page.  

One last painting of daisies, being Thankful for this wonderful season. I want it to last for some time-:)

Linking my pages to PaintPartyFriday and Art Journal Everyday
Wishing you all a great weekend
Thank you for checking
SusaN

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful paintings, the recipient of that journal will be a very happy bunny! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific and vibrant red bird and the leaves and background are a great complement to him. Super fun and colorful fish and the daisies are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watercolor is such a hard medium for me and you use it so well. I love the fish!! I tried a watercolor portrait for the first time this week. It's definitely a BIG change from my acrylics

    Julie
    http://www.artworkbyjm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love your work. Your colors are so rich and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your paintings are wonderful. I especially fell in love with the colorful fish. You do birds so well, too. Mine never look real. But the daisies! Just super! The white pops off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really beautiful drawing and painting Susan-wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the strong colors that you use in your watercolors, especially in the fish. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan! Happy to see these beautiful summer pages!! The bird is so pretty, great job on it. WOW, that fish is so fun and colorful, love it! The daisy's are pretty and so white, I can never paint good with white but yours are perfectly white!
    Isn't it nice to have summer things in our journals now, YAY!! Each day I just keep soaking it up and enjoying every minute. Right now the sun is coming up in the front yard and the glow shines into the back yard on the top of the trees there. LOVE seeing this and all the green on the trees now!! My heart is full and happy and thankful this morning!
    Do you know what your plans are for SOC, like a special journal? theme? I will hopefully just use those colors on my index cards and she included PL in her list so maybe that will work too, YAY!!
    Happy Sunday friend, enjoy your day and whatever art you make this week! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers